The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Exported slides to Powerpoint always animated?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LC_ Posted - 05/24/2011 : 04:10:05 AM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.0 SR1
Operating System: Win 7, Office 2010

Hi
When I export graphs to Powerpoint (version 2010), all slides are exported with an embedded animation. How to get rid of these animations forever, since there's no option for it in the export dialog?

I couldn't find a way to remove the animations inside Powerpoint since there are no animations listed in the Animation Pane window (still every slide is marked as animated).

Is this a matter of changing the slide template or so?

Thanks
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LC_ Posted - 05/31/2011 : 10:03:58 AM
Hi Greg!

This Office 2010 is a bummer. I hadn't even noticed there was this "Transition" tab in the ribbon! RIP good old Office XP.

If it would be possible to disable this "feature" during export would be much appreciated.
Karena Posted - 05/27/2011 : 12:23:31 PM
Although there is transition (animation) that you may not like, powerpoint as many other settings of transitions for the slideshow that can suit your taste better too. Follow the instructions above and review the alternative transitions, it's amazing what technology can do these days!
greg Posted - 05/26/2011 : 2:59:46 PM
We have identified the effect you are seeing. This is a Transition effect - not animation. If you select all the slides in the Slides tab, you can set the transition to None to remove the problem.

I have verified that manual copy and paste and adding a new slide does NOT use any transition, but that programmatically sending graphs to PowerPoint uses Horizontal Blinds transitions for every slide.

The programmers will look into this, but a lot may depend on the information we can get from Microsoft.
LC_ Posted - 05/26/2011 : 03:11:25 AM
Hi easwar

I tried, but still didn't find how to disable. I'm new to Powerpoint 2010 so I'm not sure I searched in all hidden places, but I did a thorough search and couldn't find yet where to disable the animation. Yet my installation is fresh so I didn't change any of the default settings.

The animations options are empty (like there were no animations at all), and the disturbing thing is that if I go to Slide Show tab -> Set Up Slide Show -> check "Show without animation", the animations are still displayed in slide show mode! Unfortunately I don't have earlier Office versions anymore to check.

Doesn't anyone even reproduce this?
easwar Posted - 05/24/2011 : 11:37:04 AM
Hi LC,

This must be a setting in your power point. So you need to find the setting and turn it off in your power point.

Easwar
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000