The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 do same graph

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
member22 Posted - 06/01/2011 : 02:46:19 AM
Hi users
I am new user of origin8.5, I want to repeat the same graph multiple times.
if I plot the first graph , How to plot the other graph just by importing the new *.dat file.
2/ How to do 2 scale in the same axis ( for example first scale for 0 to 90% and second scale between 90-100%)
sorry for my bad english and thanks for any help
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/01/2011 : 3:45:33 PM
Hi again,

Regarding the second issue, Origin allows you to put an "axis break" in the middle of an axis. To place a break, double-click the axis, choose "Break" tab, ans turn ON the "Show Break" check box. Then you can set different scales before or after the break.

I think the above method answers to your question.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/01/2011 : 3:35:04 PM
Hi member22,

The first simplest way may be that first you create a graph from your first data, and save the project file (.OPJ), and anytime you got a new file, simply open the OPJ, and import the data into the same worksheet.

Second simple way is to utilize the graph template. Make and customize one graph, and choose "File: Save as Template" menu to save a graph template, say MyTemplate. You can open the template by the Template Library ("Plot: Template Library" menu). When the Plot Setup dialog appears, you can designate which column is for X, which is for Y.

The final way as a thorough automatic job, you can combine three Origin features: Import Wizard to import data, graph template to hold your graph formats which can be used repeatedly, and a simple script command for plotting which can be called inside the Import Wizard. Here are steps:

1) Make and customize one graph, and choose "File: Save as Template" menu to save a graph template, say MyTemplate.

2) Create an "import filter" of the Import Wizard ("File: Import: Import Wizard" menu) according to your data format. At the last "Save Filters" wizard page, check the "Save Filter" check box and "Specify advanced filter options" check box. If you click "Next>>" button, you go one step further to enter the script.
3) Enter the xyplot command like the following example:

plotxy (1,2) plot:=202 ogl:=[<new template:=MyTemplate>]

This means you want to plot the xy data from 1st(X) and 2nd(Y) columns with the plot type=Line+Symbol(202) using the template "MyTemplate". Complete the wizard steps. (For "plot types", see the table at: http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/ltwiki/index.php?title=LabTalk:Worksheet_%28command%29#-p.3B_Plot_the_current_worksheet_selection_in_the_nth_graph_type_into_the_template)

4) Now you can easily import your other data files using this import filter, and always after importing the data, the plotting command will be executed automatically. About the post-processing of Import Wizard, you may find the following tutorial my be useful:
http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:Post_Processing_with_Import_Filter

I hope you find the most suitable approach for you.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000