The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Chinese text/symbols in Graph Label or Legend

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
asenv Posted - 06/30/2011 : 12:58:24 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.1G SR3
Operating System: win 2000

Hello all,
i would like to ask you if know how i can write chinese text as label or text object in an origin graph. I have the chinese fonts installed on my windows machine and for example if i choose "Arial Unicode MS" as font in Notepad I am able to copy/paste or write something like this "#21152;#26435;#36716;#25442;#25928;#29575;". Now what I want is to be able to write or copy/paste the same text in an origin graph as axis labels and as text objects. When I choose "Arial Unicode MS" in Origin i get "??????". I have tried the other fonts and its not working. I tried to set "Arial Unicode MS" as default font and restarted Origin and its not working either. Can you help me this?

Cheers,
Asen
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
cuongktv Posted - 01/09/2012 : 08:36:57 AM
Thank you so much. I will try!

CUONG
Hideo Fujii Posted - 10/24/2011 : 5:07:57 PM
Hi cuongktv,

I don't have any knowledge of Vietnamese language in computer, but according to the Wikipedia article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vietnamese_alphabet), Vietnamese uses the Latin script. Then, I suppose that Unicode standard contains alphabets with Vietnamese accent marks in the character set - then I suppose that the Unicode-enabled font such as "Ariel Unicode MS" should contain them. If Unicode doesn't support such diacritics, it is beyond the control of Origin; but of Unicode, or of Windows.

I hope I have pointed out the correct points on the issue.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
cuongktv Posted - 10/16/2011 : 12:42:36 PM
Dear Friend,
I got the similar problem when typing Vietnamese (Unicode)in OriginLab 8.0.
Follow the advices above I have tried but it did not work. However, my Win7 does not support "Vietnamese" in the "Display Language".
Is there any way to deal with this problem?
Many thanks!
asenv Posted - 07/17/2011 : 11:23:52 AM
Thanks a lot Hideo. Now is working. I spoke also with the support, because I was confused about some things, but now everything is clear. So I will report what I have learned.

The "Symbol Map" (you have described how it can be accessed) is called in germen "Abbildung Symbole". In this way can be entered one character at a time. There is also a way to copy/paste whole sentences. One can right-click the text label and select "Einstellungen"/probably "settings" to get the "Objekteigenschaften"/"Object properties" window. The formatting text of three characters can look like this "\f:Arial Unicode MS(\(x51B0)\(x51B1)\(x51B2))".

Another thing I learned is the if you use "@Arial Unicode MS" with "@" the characters are 90 degrees rotated (convention of the font name for Asian languages).

Thanks.
Asen
Hideo Fujii Posted - 07/12/2011 : 12:51:58 PM
Hi Asen,

When entering characters in a text label in a graph, right-click at the blinking cursor, and choose "Symbol Map" fly-out. Choose unicode font such as Arial MS Unicode, then, turn ON "Unicode" check box, and choose and insert any unicode characters like Chinese character. If you know the hex-decimal unicode of the character (e.g., 4E0A for the Chinese character "UP" as seen in the screenshot below), you can enter the code to search for the character in the table.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
asenv Posted - 07/01/2011 : 09:07:30 AM
Hi Hideo,
i will try it for sure. I will be at work on 6.07.2011, I will try it and I will report the results. It is actually very important to me to be able to write chinese text in Origin. What is this Symbol Map in origin and how can I access it? I have changed only the default font from the Options menu to Arial Unicode MS.
Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/30/2011 : 2:48:15 PM
Hi asenv,

I think you need to change the language settings (especially 3)-i) and -iv) ) to Chinese; If you don't want to change the operating system's settings, please try to use the Symbol Map inside Origin. Please let me know the result.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
asenv Posted - 06/30/2011 : 1:49:24 PM
Hi Hideo,
thnaks for your fast reply.

1)windows 2000
2)german
3)
-i)deutsch
-ii)deutsch (there are also english and chinese simplified), german keyboard
-iii)deutsch
-iv)deutsch
-v)deutsch

P.S. I am able to write/input chinese characters/words from the keyboard when I change the layout of the keyboard in "Notepad", "Word" ..., but not in Origin. When I write in Origin the font dialog pops out with the suggestions of chinese letters/words (like in the other programs eg. Notepad), but when i choose one it writes this -"?", and not the symbol.
Hideo Fujii Posted - 06/30/2011 : 1:29:12 PM
Hi asenv,

I am pretty sure if you use the Symbol Map with Arial Unicode MS font, you can enter the Chinese characters; Otherwise, I think the issue is highly related to the Windows language settings. So, could you please tell me the following information to us?:

1)What is the type of Windows (e.g., WinXp, Win VISTA, Win7, etc.)?
2)What is the native language of your Windows (i.e., language of the user interface of Windows)?
3)In Control Panel, choose Region and Language. What are the following language settings (Tab names may be different depending on the type of operating system):
- i) Choose "Administrative" tab, and what is the selected setting of "Language for Non-Unicode Programs"?
- ii) Choose "Keyboard & Language" tab, press "Change Keyboard" button at "Keyboard & Other Input Language"; Then (in General tab), what is the "Default Input Language"?
- iii) Also, choosing "Keyboard & Language" tab, and after pressing "Change Keyboard", what is the type of keyboard? (in Installed Service)
- iv) Choose "Keyboard & Language" tab, what is the "Display Language"?
- v) Choose "Formats" tab, what is the language of the "Format"?

Thank you for the further information.

Best,

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
asenv Posted - 06/30/2011 : 1:04:52 PM
I see that the forum has also difficulties with the visualisation of the chinese font so i will attach a picture to see what i ment:

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000