The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to rescale multiple diagrams?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Eteled Posted - 07/02/2011 : 6:46:12 PM
Origin Ver8.5. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows 7

Pozdrawiam.

Hello,
I need some help in creating a diagram. Using the option "image profiles" I get the diagrams of vertical and horizontal curves. When I overlap several curves (e.g. vertical) in one diagram I get somethimg like this:

http://img828.imageshack.us/img828/2176/normalki.png

I need to rescale all of these lines in a diagram so that they start in a certain point, and end in another. It looks like e.g. this:

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/6210/rescal.png

The second thing I need to do is averaging all rescaled diagrams (about 20 lines in picture) and make one diagram out of them.
How to automatically do such things in Origin program?

Thank you for your help.
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
greg Posted - 10/16/2013 : 10:09:09 AM
The key to using Analysis : Data Manipulation : Horizontal Translate is to understand that the operation changes the values in your worksheet X column. If your multiple curves have any X data in common, you must use Hideo's technique of creating graphs where every Y column has its own X column. Once you do that, then every Y can be moved horizontally independently.
wilker Posted - 10/09/2013 : 4:30:09 PM
Hello;

My case is similar, but i donīt had success with this procedure.
How do i align the three curves as in the photo?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/826/e6pi.jpg/

Thank you for a help;

Wilker
MG-Brazil
Hideo Fujii Posted - 07/05/2011 : 3:32:09 PM
Hi Eteled,

Please try the following steps to see if it works for you:

1) Double-click your plots of vertical profiles to show the Plot Details dialog. Click "Workbook" button at the bottom of the dialog. It opens the worksheet of the profiles, designated as XYYYY...
2) For each Y column (except the leftmost one), highlight, right-click, and choose "Insert" shortcut, right-click the inserted column, choose "Set As> Y" shortcut. By doing these, you get XYXYXY.... designations.
3) Copy the data in the leftmost X column, and paste to all newly created X columns.
4) Highlight all columns, and plot them as a line graph.
5) At the bottom of the "Data" menu, select the plot you want to move (to turn ON the check mark).
6) Choose "Analysis: Data Manipulation: Horizontal Translate" menu. On the graph, grab the reference line, and drag it to the position to make the line coincide with other plots. After this translation, you can click the triangle button of the reference line, and choose "Remove" shortcut to complete the translation.
7) Repeat 5)-6) steps for all plots to adjust their positions.

Regarding the issue of averaging multiple curve, you can choose "Analysis: Mathematics: Average Multiple Curves" menu, and click OK. This adds an average curve from all curves.

Hope the above procedure works for you.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000