The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Time series box plot

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
cibin Posted - 09/14/2011 : 12:56:30 PM
How can i plot time series box plot with x axis as time (sampling day - sampling dates are not equally spaced) and y axis as box plot of data (biomass data)

Origin Ver.v8.0987

cibin
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
一击爆裂陈子豪 Posted - 04/16/2021 : 10:12:57 AM
1). There might not be a straightforward solution for that. You better extract the medians and plot a line+symbol overlay.

2). Changing the background data won't affect the existing axis label configuration, and by default, box charts are using strings as labels. But you can always go back to Axis Dialog and switch it to numeric after setting the custom X.
rapt1 Posted - 04/16/2021 : 09:03:13 AM
Hi,

is there some new recent progress here? Still looking for the possibility to plot statistical data. I do "descriptive statistics on columns" then I receive an extra sheet called "DescStatsCurves" this is quite handy and I can make my boxplots directly from it however it is not sorted (column wise) in the proper way. let's say I have a header line called thickness (numeric) and I can set the boxplots "x-position" depending on a header row. this is almost what I want, but since the columns are not sorted the "connect median" line is messed up. sorting of the columns is not possible since there is still "recalculation" possible and I don't want to lose that.

same problem if I do grouped boxplots then also the numerical x data is read as text I think. Any possibility to do numerically correct plots here?

thank you.

Best,
D

win10
OriginPro 2021 (64-bit)
Hideo Fujii Posted - 11/07/2013 : 10:34:01 AM
Hi all on this thread,

In the newly released Origin 9.1, position-controlled (e.g. time-series) box chart is possible (as well as the width control and grouping). Please see the samples:
http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/91/BoxChart

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Hideo Fujii Posted - 09/14/2011 : 5:27:32 PM
Another alternative, if you need to show simple boxes and whiskers, may be to plot a "Japanese Candlestick" chart. You don't have to insert filler columns like in my previous post, and can use the actual Date values for X. But, you have not much statistical controls like in the Box chart. You have to generate column statistics (e.g., 25/75 percentiles and Min/Max).

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Hideo Fujii Posted - 09/14/2011 : 4:36:31 PM
Hi cibin,

Currently there is no straightforward way to arrange boxes against the X value of each series. One possible crude work-around is to insert empty columns between data columns to make the positions proportional to the actual X values (means you may need to insert bunch of empty columns based on the G.C.D. of gaps between columns' X values). See the sample below:

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000