The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
 All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fit data with integration&summation functions

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Anti-Spam Code:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkUpload FileInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
edwardclhuang Posted - 11/20/2011 : 2:31:17 PM
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin8, SR4
Operating System:Win7, 64bit

Dear Sirs
I have to questions in this post. I have read some tutorials but still not so sure how I can proceed it. Please help me figure it out and thanks so much in advance.

1. I have a set of data and I would like to fit them with the following equation,

Independent Variables: x
Dependent Variables: y
Parameter Names: A0, A1, A2, A3, A4

It seems I can use "Labtalk" or "OriginC" to compute it, am I right? Please teach me how to do it.

2.After I get the best fitting results of A0~A4, how can I subtract this function with them in "Set Column Values "? I mean I have another set of data and I want to subtract the function as posted with known A0~A4.

Once again, any help or tutorial would be much appreciated.
2   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
edwardclhuang Posted - 11/23/2011 : 09:35:32 AM
Hello Hideo Fuji

Thanks for the help. Based on your suggestion, first of all I rewrite my function as following,

A0,A1,A2 are fitting parameters. If I replace A2/x = x and abbreviate the equation as following,

Then it comes a problem: I can not get A0, A1, and A2 apart from each other!!

Back to the first equation shown above, I am stuck on the upper bound in the integral(A2/x). Because it also shows in the formula for doing calculation. How can I do that by NAG library? I have tried to write this as

struct user
{
double A2c;

};
static double NAG_CALL f_callback(double x, Nag_User *comm)
{
struct user *sp = (struct user *)(comm->p);
double A2c;
A2c = sp->A2c;
return (A2c/x)^4 * exp(A2c/x) / ((exp(A2c/x)-1)^2);
}

How should I write in the "editable part" please? It seems I should replace "d01smc" formula by some other formulas, and what will be the proper formula?

I am really appreciated with your kindly help.
Hideo Fujii Posted - 11/21/2011 : 3:17:08 PM
Hi Edward,

The following tutorials may be helpful:

http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:Fitting_with_Integral_using_LabTalk_Function

http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:Fitting_with_Integral_using_NAG_Library

I think that you probably need to redefine the function by replacing the integral variable by e.g., z=A4/x .

Regarding the subtraction, you can subtract the data from your fitting result by "Analysis: Data Manipulation: Subtract Reference Data".

Note that in the latest Origin 8.6 version, you can directly define a fitting function which contains the integral in Fitting Function Builder. If you're interested in it, you can try the evaluation (demo) version of the latest Origin.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000