The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Y-Offset for line graphs
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 12/14/2011 :  11:31:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Before I upgraded to Origin 8.5 there was a simple option to apply an offset to line graphs. So, when I had multiple graphs in one layer, I could just add an offset for every single graph.

In Origin 8.5 I can not find this option anymore. How can I just simply add an offset to the line graphs without changing the worksheet data in Origin 8.5?

Origin version 8.5.1 SR 2

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 12/15/2011 :  10:46:54 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi DerPionier,

To create such graph, you can choose "Plot: Multi-Curve: Stack Lines by Y Offsets" menu.

If you already have plots in a graph unstacked, and want to stack them with an offset, you can simply do the following steps (assuming that your plots are grouped):

1) Double-click a plot to show the Plot Details dialog, and select the layer branch (e.g. "Layer1") in the left panel (or, simple choose "Format: Layer Properties" menu).

2) Choose "Stack" tab, turn ON "Constant" check box, and enter the offset value - the gap between plots.

If your plots are not grouped, you can do in the "Layer Contents" dialog or in the "Plot Setup" dialog.

Hope this is what you are looking for.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 12/15/2011 11:43:23 AM
Go to Top of Page

DerPionier

Germany
Posted - 12/16/2011 :  05:02:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks! This is exactly what I was looking for!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000