The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Defining Z-Axis Range and Intervals
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

greigcs

Norway
1 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  09:40:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have just started using Origin and am having trouble plotting 3 dimensional graphs. The thing is, I only have data in two dimensions and I want to plot 200+ spectra with a z-axis of defined values. In this case this z-axis corresponds to temperature. However, when I plot the data, since there is actually no z-axis values on the raw data, the program makes up its own scale. (Obsiously I do not want to input my own z-axis data points for 200+ spectra per figure).

I would like the ability to define my scale. e.g. from 25-550 degrees C with 2.5 degree C intervals between each spectrum. So far I have not managed to find how this is done.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 12/16/2011 :  3:56:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi greigcs,

Maybe you can try to make a Waterfall graph, shown the samples at: (You can enlarge the sample in this page by clicking a thumb nail)

http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Products/Origin/Graphing/Waterfall

You can make a waterfall plot from a worksheet arranged in XYYY... or XYXYXY... designations.

Also, you can try the sample waterfall project from "File: Open Sample OPJ" menu, and choose "3D and Contour" tab.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 12/16/2011 4:03:20 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000