The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin as an automation server for Eclipse
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

newuser_ca

70 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  1:22:59 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I saw origin can function as an automation server for Excel, VB, C#.
But how about Java?

I have a tool written in Java to retrieve data. I want to pass the data to Origin to do some analysis and plot. Then I want to pass the plot back to my tool.

Is there a way to do this?

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 01/12/2012 :  2:50:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Origin uses a COM interface to act as an Automation Server. To talk to Origin from Java you would have to have some sort of Java COM library. I am not aware of such a beast, but maybe one of our uses is?
Go to Top of Page

eparent

118 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2012 :  5:46:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sorry, OriginLab does not have any Java examples. Java does not have built-in COM support. You will need to use something like JACOB or jSegue with your Java project. Once you have that in place then you can use our COM Server wiki to learn how to pass data to Origin using COM.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000