The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Zero on a Log scale in Manel Mode
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rom9

Ireland
3 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  06:20:38 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8 and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 1
Operating System: win XP

I need to make a layered plot XY plot with three different layers in it so basically 3 plots in one. My problem is that the data has to be plotted on x axis on a Logscale for clearer representation. However there are points that start at zero on the x-axis and those are not made visible in the log scale. I tried setting it to manuel but had to Rescale the X axis after making any changes to c all the points. Cant c any points at zero. Any tricks here. Thanks a lot !

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 01/13/2012 :  11:57:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi rom9,

One way to show data points at X=0 on Log10 Scale is to use the axis break which allows the linear scale before break, and Log10 scale after break. See the sample below:

I hope you achieve what you wanted by this way.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000