The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Columns designated as plus or minus error (yEr-)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jfeighery

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 01/26/2012 :  2:00:52 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I don't understand the purpose of columns designated as yEr+ and yEr-. I noticed this could be assigned during an import operation and thought it would help Origin to detect whether the column should be used as positive or negative error in a plot, yet this does not seem to help. You still have to uncheck either + or - in the plot properties for each series or group plotted.

Furthermore, when I set column designations using properties dialog, the + or - is not an option for yEr, so it seems it is only set on import. It would be very nice for those of us working with non-normal distributions who frequently have different + and - error bars on data points to be able to designate columns as + or -, but this does not seem to be possible. Am I missing something here?

Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.1 SR2
Operating System: XP
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000