The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Curve fitting problems doing linear fit
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

BConnor

orlando, FL
6 Posts

Posted - 03/02/1999 :  7:52:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
We're getting the error "this operation is designed for 2-D graph windows or worksheet window" when using apparent fit while curve fitting.
This sounds like an easy problem to fix, but it doesn't appear all the time. On one set of data on a graph, it works fine; on the other, the message appears.
Now here's the problem: On another graph of the same data set, but with other different data sets involved, it works with no error.

This is the same set of data, so the source is ok, but on some graphs, we get the error above.

Gary Lane

USA
150 Posts

Posted - 03/03/1999 :  2:48:00 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear BConnor,

I tried but was unable to reproduce this error on my computer using my own datasets and graph windows. In order to understand, diagnose, and make recommendations for a problem of this nature I need to be able to reliably reproduce the problem so that I can analyze it while it is happening.

Please contact your Origin dealer's Technical Support department by email describing this problem in detail. In the email you should include a list of steps that you follow to reproduce the problem and a listing of all relevant settings in the Linear Fit tool. You should also attach a sample project that contains a graph window where the error occurs. A second graph window where the error does not occur would also be helpful. This type of information is essential for problem solving.

I am quite sure that if provided the information described above your Origin dealer's Technical Support department will be able to resolve this issue. Don't forget to include a registered serial number along with your request for assistance.

Thanks...

Gary Lane

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000