The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Belehradek fitting
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

bakaimi

8 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  07:25:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi!
My data fit to the equation y=m*k^c((x-k)^(-c)) so I use the Belehradek equation y=a(x-b)^c (origin8, windows7), but the program doesn't do any fitting with this equation..I have tried by editing the Belehradek equation so that it mathces more to the one I have, without any good results
Any advices on how to fix it?
Thanks

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 05/09/2012 :  4:52:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi bakaimi,

I guess that in NLFit your initial values of the parameters in your user-defined fitting function either have not been give, or far from the targeted data.
In NLFit, if you press Chi^2 button in NLFit, your current curve should appear in your plot. Has the curve been shown close to the data points?

(If you're using pre-8.x version of Origin, I don't have much suggestions because they are so different from the 8.x's NLFit.)

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000