The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 fitting data sets Origin 7, windows 7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

KoSz05

2 Posts

Posted - 06/22/2012 :  08:25:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hello,

Origin 7 SR 2, windows 7

I want to fit my data as a linear combination of data pasted into columns.(i.e have results stored in column B and C and want to fit column D with a*data_B+b*data_C), also obtainig information concerning the goodness of the fit.
I found information how to do it in origin 8 or 7.5, did not succeeded concnerning version 7.
Any help would be much appreciated.
with best regards,

Annie

KoSz05

2 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  04:30:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
hi all,
I dare to place it again, since I did not get any answer. I would very appreciate your help.

best regards,

Annie
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 07/11/2012 :  10:17:10 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Annie,

Origin 7.0 uses the same old technology of NLSF as in Origin 7.5, so, 7.5's method in general should likely work in 7.0. I don't know why it didn't work in your case.

If you can use Origin 8.0 SR6 somewhere, you can try the following tutorial:
  http://wiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=Tutorial:Fitting_Datasets

Or, if you simply need to get the result just for now, you can download the latest evaluation version from:
  http://www.originlab.com/index.aspx?go=Downloads/OriginEvaluation

to try the above method in the tutorial.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 07/11/2012 10:18:54 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000