The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Trouble saving, running and editing fit functions
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

AlexClark

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 07/19/2012 :  7:59:33 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.5.1 Windows 7

Hi everyone. Sorry if this is a repetition on a previous post - I searched but couldn't find my problem.

I am currently trying to define and save a fitting function. It is a long polynomial, but won't work in the standard expression window.

I have therefore tried the Origin C option. I have tried defining and saving the function many times. It gets to the point where I compile and I can also use the quick check which gives me the correct result, so I know the function works. I then continue and save but then it won't let me select my user defined function when applying the fit. I just get the error

"external call execution error"

in the script window.

Any ideas what is going wrong?

Any help much appreciated.

Alex

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 07/20/2012 :  04:26:46 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You create the user-defined function in Fitting Function Builder, right? Do you input the Initialization Code for the parameters? If so, do you compile this code?

Without your project(OPJ) and fitting function file(FDF), we can not reproduce the problem.You'd better send your OPJ and FDF files to us, including the detail steps of creating the fitting function. We can try it.

To send us files, click Send File to Tech support button at the top right of the forum.

Thanks.

Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000