The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 type -a doesn't effect on script window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

5*10

Germany
Posted - 08/01/2012 :  04:36:39 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):8.5.0 SR1
Operating System:WinXP

Dear all,

since this morning I do have a problem with the script window.
I have several script which output status information ito the script window. But since this morning the are not anymore displayed.

This is a pitty.

Do somebody have an idea?

5*10

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/01/2012 :  1:28:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi 5*10,

Do you mean that though the Script window is already open, "type -a" command doesn't produce the message? Or, when the Script window is closed, and "type -a" command didn't open the Script window anew?

When you open the Script window, if you type the following, dod you get the Hello message?

type -a Hello;

Does your script contain some operations to change the destination of the output by changing the value of "type.redirection"?

If you run the following two-line code, did you get the message in the Script window?

type.redirection=1;
  type -a Hello;

I'm not sure, and I may be suspecting a wrong place.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 08/01/2012 1:30:01 PM
Go to Top of Page

5*10

Germany
Posted - 08/06/2012 :  03:33:16 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

actually it is a kind of strange.
I do have some scripts with "type -a" commands which work and others do not.
I tried a script like this one

[test]
type.redirection=1;
type -a Hello;
type -b test;

The type -a wasn't successful while the type -b was shown normally. The script window was allready open...

At the end I don't care too much even that it is strange. If the solution would be a reinstallation I think I will wait still some weeks, because I'm currently quite bussy.

Cheers 5*10
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000