The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 set dataplots as independent
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sebbey

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  03:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver.: 8.6.0G
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hi Guys,

I have 5 dataplots in a graphlayer. Now when I want to change the color of the plots by using setcolor, it does not work. What I found out is as the dataplots are grouped as 'dependents', setcolor is not able to change the colors. I want to know how put the dataplots as "independent" with the help of a LabTalk Script so that I can then use set color to change the color of all the dataplots together ?

Thanks in advance,
sebbey

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  10:25:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi sebbey,

I don't know whether there is a way to make grouped plots independent, but you can ungroup them, if your purpose is to customize plots individually. To ungroup plots in the active layer, you can use the command:

layer -gu;

By the way, to group again, you can group plots by:

layer -g;

Does it work for you?

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 08/03/2012 :  11:25:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If using a custom Template does not satisfy your requirements then an alternative approach is to create a grouped theme to control plot styles and apply the theme when needed.
For example, I could set a grouped dataplot to use just up and down triangles and set the group as Nested so the shapes are exhausted before moving on to the next color in my custom color list. Once saved as a Theme - e.g. right-click in the group table and save as "Grouped Nested UD Triangles" - I can load the theme with:

themeApply2g theme:="Grouped Nested UD Triangles";

Edited by - greg on 08/03/2012 1:58:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

sebbey

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 08/06/2012 :  09:16:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Greg,

thank you for the hint. Using a Theme works fine for me.

Greetz,
Sebbey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000