The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Existing data sets batch processing problem.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

john cee

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  12:45:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hi,

I'm running origin 8.6 pro on windows xp using parallels on my iMac.

I'm having trouble using templates and batch processing.

I have a large number of spectra (several thousand) arranged in columns (Y) with wavenumbers as X in the first column.

I'd like to do smoothing, (Savitsky-Golay or FFT filtering) I realise that I need to interpolate the data for the SG.

Following this I can (and already have) used the peak analyser and the batch tool on the spectra to extract peak information… that's not the problem.

Currently I've been making a template with one spectrum using interpolation (saving the workbook as a template) but I can't get it to scale up using the batch processing tool. When preparing the template, I've had Origin put the results in a specified column in a second sheet, which results in a long continuous column of all the interpolated data after batch processing. I've also just left it as <new> which crashes origin after it reaches 100% in the batch processing progress bar.

I've feed the batch tool a worksheet of all the spectra, and then direct it to the aforementioned template. I've tried asking it to dump the new data in another worksheet and also as <new>.

Perhaps I'm thinking about this in the wrong way. When you have an existing large dataset in one worksheet, how do you make a template to do batch math or signal processing actions on it.

Any help would be appreciated. :/

Thanks,

J

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 08/15/2012 :  3:48:46 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi J,

I suggest that you send your original data sheet with your 1000's of columns, and your analysis template book, to tech support...so we can then take a look as to what may be causing the problem.

You could zip up the files, and then upload to our ftp site...click on the "Send File to Tech support" link on the top right of this page, and follow the ftp instructions, and in your e-mail please refer to this post.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000