The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 How to stop a script peacefully
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

cybernike

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 08/19/2012 :  10:36:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
When a script is too slow and becomes unresponsive, I don't see a way to stop the script without killing the Origin program also. "Ctrl + C" does not seem to work. Any idea?

Thanks.

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/20/2012 :  10:31:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi cybernike,

Supposedly pressing Esc key could stop the running script, but if the CPU is gaplessly
occupied to do something (like looping a short computational loop), Esc wouldn't have any
chance to interrupt the task. You can press Esc many many times. Though I occasionally
needed to kill the Origin process from the Task Manager. Often I copied the currently
developing script to a Notes window, and saved the project before such risk potential.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 08/20/2012 10:37:00 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000