The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Save Active Workbook
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sebbey

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 08/28/2012 :  09:16:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.6.0G
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if it's possible to save a single workbook even if the current project folder includes more than one workbook. Sometimes this option would be nice, since saving a whole project takes a long time if your workbooks contain embedded graphs, more than one worksheet,... .

Thanks in advance,
sebbey

Drbobshepherd

USA
Posted - 08/29/2012 :  10:33:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There are 2 ways to save the active workbook:

1. You can save the active workbook manually by selecting "Save Window As..." in the File pull-down menu.

or

2. You can save the active window with the LabTalk command, "save -i".
For example,"save -i C:\Data\MyBook;" will save the active window in the C:\Data directory using the filename, MyBook.ogw.

The "save -i" command will save the active window if it is a workbook, graph, matrix, or Excel window.

To open the file, use the doc command or "Open" in the File pull-down menu.

DrBobShepherd
Go to Top of Page

sebbey

Germany
70 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  02:26:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you DrBobShepherd,

Number 2 does what I was looking for.
In the Help File it says:

save -i; Save the active worksheet, graph, or matrix window to a file

That's why I didn't even try it this way.

Greets,
Sebbey
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000