The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Finding Peaks
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

WBarnes

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 08/29/2012 :  12:17:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Windows XP

I have a large amount of data sets and need to find peaks in each data set. I would like to be able to automate this process as much as possible. What I want to is to have the user click on the graph of data where a peak appears to be, have the program record where the peak is and save the x-value of the peak to another column. Any ideas of where to start with this would be welcomed.

-Thanks

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  11:21:26 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You want the user to click on the graph of data where a peak appears to be, and then record the peak coordinates. If every time the user needs to click on the graph to find the peak, I don't think such behavior can be automated for amount of data sets, because for each data set, the user always needs to click on the graph, which is done manually. So, maybe you can try the Peak Analyzer first. The Goal can be Find Peaks, and the click the Next button until reach the Find Peaks page, clear the Enable Auto Find check-box, and then click Add button to select the peak from the graph. After clicking the Finish button, the peak coordinates will be output to the worksheet.

Also, you can try the Quick Peaks Gadget.

Penn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000