The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 3D plot for uneven x spacing
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Michae1

2 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  1:31:58 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I want to create a 3D plot from my measurements.
The problem I have is that the time between the measurements is not equidistant.

So I tried to do an interpolation with "XYZ gridding", but I was not succesful.

Maybe someone here can give me a hint.

I'm using origin version 8.6

Michae1

2 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  1:44:34 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK. I managed to do it without interpolation.
Simply created a YXZ plot from the Worksheet and selected the x and y axis witch I placed in the first row respectively in the first column.
Seems to be a new function of Origin.

Edited by - Michae1 on 08/30/2012 1:46:10 PM
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2012 :  1:57:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Michae1,

Ah, your data in a "virtual matrix" in a worksheet. I thought it is completely distributed randomly on XY plane. In your case, yes, it should work in that way in Origin 8.6!

== my previous message ==
If you can live with the contour plot from your XYZ data as alternative, I suggest to take this path.
If you definitely need a 3D plot, only possible ways currently are either:

1) Make a matrix by gridding for 3D surface plot
or 
  2) 3D plot from XYZ worksheet like 3D scatter with dropdown lines, 
     or 3D Trajectory plot
If you haven't yet tried all gridding algorithms for 1), I suggest you to try all of them with various parameters. We are considering to provide 3D XYZ surface plotting in the coming version sometime in this year. (So, please keep tuned.)

We're sorry for the inconvenience of the current limitation.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 08/30/2012 2:00:34 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000