The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Export .sie binary file to excel
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jayakumar.vilvaraj

2 Posts

Posted - 08/31/2012 :  10:35:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

Hello,

i want to know how the binary files has been written in origin IDE. i want to read and export the sie type extension file format to excel sheet. i doing the project in visual basic 6.0. i want to read the sie binary file and export into excel sheet. i also want how the structure has been defined. please help me to work on this project. thanks in advance.

regards,
jayakumar

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 09/02/2012 :  11:36:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi jayakumar,

The sie type extension file format is a public format, but not defined by Origin. If you are using Origin, you can import sie file into Origin first, and then export the Origin worksheet as csv file. Then you can handle the csv file in visual basic 6.0. For more details about importing sie file and exporting worksheet, please refer to Impsie, and ExpASC.

Penn

Edited by - Penn on 09/03/2012 03:41:38 AM
Go to Top of Page

jayakumar.vilvaraj

2 Posts

Posted - 09/03/2012 :  10:06:59 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello Penn,
Thanks for the information. i can be able to import and export .sie file in origin IDE. Like that i want to import that .sie file and read, also want to export it into excel in Visual basic IDE or Lab windows CVI. Please help me to work on this project. Thanks.

Regards,
Jayakumar.V
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000