The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 NL fitting: linear conversion procedure
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Bobby64

Spain
5 Posts

Posted - 09/10/2012 :  04:09:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release: OriginPro 8.5
Operating System: Windows XP

Hi,

I would need some help about the non linear fitting procedure. I guess my problem isn't so complicated, but right now I just do not see how to solve it...

Anyway, here it is:

The next picture is an example of data set

Usually I perform a non linear fitting on this kind of data set, using the following equation (1): I=Imax*(1-exp(-(D+DE)/D0)) (where I is the dependant variable, D, the independent variable and Imax, DE and D0 are the fitted parameters). In addition, I always use a weighting of the data by the inverse of the squared intensities (1/I^2) (in Origin: arbitrary dataset, column B).

As an example, here is the result corresponding to the data set I previously detailed:

Until this step I do not have any problems. However, I recently read that it was possible to get a similar result by converting the previous function to (2): -ln(1-(I/Imax))=(D+DE)/D0. According to the authors, by plotting -ln(1-(I/Imax)) versus the dose (D), the data are converted into a straight line and the parameters result from simple straight line fitting.

So, I tried to see if I could get similar results with function (2) and I entered it in the fitting function builder, but I do not find the same results between functions 1 and 2, and in many cases I have an error message...

Could someone give me some advice about the way to proceed ?

Many thanks in advance,

Cheers,

Bobby64

Kathy_Wang

China
159 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  04:01:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

-ln(1-(I/Imax))=(D+DE)/D0 is an implicit function, and implicit fitting is not yet supported in Origin 8.5 (but it will be supported in our next version 9.0).

With Origin 8.6 and earlier versions, it's only supported to fit explicit functions, i.e. the fitting function shall be in form of Y=f(X).

Kathy
Originlab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000