The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 No fit curve displayed
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dip124124

2 Posts

Posted - 09/13/2012 :  08:41:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Pro 8 windows 7

For some reason origin does not display a fitted curve in my plots after a fit.

If I try to fit anything (as simple as x: 1; 2; 3; 4 y: 1; 2; 3; 4 but also complex things) the report data appears in my graph but no line for the fitted data.

The fitted curves plot does not contain a fitted curve.

all setting in the fit dialog are okay (i think):
factory linear plot
- fitted curves plot is checked
- plot on original graph; selected fitted curve
- update legend is checked
- range: input + margin
- margin 0%

HELP!

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  02:33:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

According to your description, I am not sure what leads this problem.
And the setting in the Linear Fit dialog is no problem.

Does this problem happen on other files?
Maybe you can try to right-click on the layer icon in the upper-left corner of the graph page. And find whether the Fit Linear Curve generates in the graph.

If you want to see the plot of the fitting curve, you can go to the FitLinear1 result sheet, and then double-click small graph under the Fitted Curves Plotbranch to view the curve.

Also, you can send us files to look into the problem. Click Send File to Tech support button at the top right of the forum.

Thanks

Jacqueline
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

dip124124

2 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  03:29:19 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you for your quick reply Jacqueline,

I see no extra layers (which I did before i had this probem).

I've uploaded an example file to you.
Go to Top of Page

JacquelineHe

287 Posts

Posted - 09/14/2012 :  06:14:18 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi

I have replied your email.
Please check it.

I have tested your project. I can fit your data and the fitting curve can be created on my machine.
You can try to go to the "FitLinear1" result sheet, click on the green lock icon in the upper-left corner of the sheet, and select ¡°Change Parameters¡± to reopen the dialog. And click ¡°OK¡± to fit again.

Jacqueline
Originlab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000