The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 activate graph window
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

J.F.P.

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 09/18/2012 :  05:47:34 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 8.5.1 SR2
Operating System: WinXP

Hallo,

sorry for my basic question but I have problems activating a graph window with the command "win -a graph5". Instead of activating window 5 window 50 is activated. Please could you help me about this - thank you very much!

Best regards
JFP

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 09/19/2012 :  4:31:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Sounds like a problem with your project - possibly a name conflict, but I don't know how you would have done that. The "window -activate name" command should only activate by Short Name.

Here is a script that dumps all graph Long Names and Short names:
doc -e P {
%A = page.name$;
%B = page.label$;
ty Short Name: %A, Long Name: %B;
}
Go to Top of Page

J.F.P.

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  08:21:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I couldn't figured out what the problem is but I found another problem that might be related to it and is not specific to my project. When I open a new project and create 10 new graphs and I try to activate them with the command "window -b graphX" where X is a substitution of the number of the graph it works in general but not if graph10 is activated and I want to switch back to graph1 using "window -b graph1". Instead of activating graph1, graph 10 stays activated. Although I am able to activate Graphs 2-9. Is any other graph activated besides graph10 it is possible to activate graph1.
Is this problem known and what can I do about that.
Thank's for any help!
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/06/2012 :  4:42:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
window -b name
is a different command than
window -a name

The -b option has more complicated behavior.

We do not see any problem with "win -a" in version 8.5.1 SR2. If you have a project file that demonstrates some problem you should send it to tech@originlab.com
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000