The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Graph in Dialog Builder
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

kid

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 10/18/2001 :  10:48:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm trying make a Tabbed dialog with a picture frame that I want to usse to preview a graph. I did everything that's in the originpro, but when I "start" the dialog a graph is created (you can see de graph icon in the project explorer, but if I dClick in this icon origin crash and there is no graph in the picture frame. Any Ideas?

I've been looking in the manuals, but I can't find anything on any of the methods:
graph.create();
.attach();
(look in the origin pro manual page 40-42)
This are the methods that I'm to use if I want to link a graph to my dialog. Any idea on how to use them?

Alex...

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 10/19/2001 :  11:58:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
To display the graph on your dialog, use the following LabTalk methods:

DialogName!graph.create(TemplateName);
DialogName!GraphPlaceholderName.attach();
DialogName!GraphPlaceholderName.setRef();

When referencing this graph in your script, you need to use the following:

%A=DialogName!GraphPlaceholderName.graph$; //get name of graph
//script executed for the named window
win -oa %A { }

Remember that when you draw the Picture control...which is the GraphPlaceholder... that you add the -G switch to this caption in the String Table.

It may be more helpful to you if you email an inquiry like this to tech@originlab.com.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

contac

Chile
8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  1:09:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know how to put a graph on a Dialog Builder. I have made the Graph (i.e. Graph1) and I want to put on the Dialog Builder. I dont want to do a new graph, i have to put one that exists. What do I have to do?
Go to Top of Page

contac

Chile
8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  1:09:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I don't know how to put a graph on a Dialog Builder. I have made the Graph (i.e. Graph1) and I want to put on the Dialog Builder. I dont want to do a new graph, i have to put one that exists. What do I have to do?
Go to Top of Page

contac

Chile
8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  1:09:41 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

contac

Chile
8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  1:09:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Go to Top of Page

contac

Chile
8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  1:10:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How do I insert an existing graph in the DIalog Builder?
Go to Top of Page

contac

Chile
8 Posts

Posted - 02/04/2002 :  1:11:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How do I insert an existing graph in the DIalog Builder?
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2002 :  4:16:44 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You have to use the notation that I described earlier:

To display the graph on your dialog, use the following LabTalk methods:

DialogName!graph.create(TemplateName);
DialogName!GraphPlaceholderName.attach();
DialogName!GraphPlaceholderName.setRef();

When referencing this graph in your script, you need to use the following:

win -oa %A { }

However, you can then copy the data from an existing graph into the graph inside the wizard. To do this, use the layer -ic command.

For example if you were copying from layer 1 of Graph2, then you would use the following notation:

win -oa %A { layer -ic Graph2 1; }

Please note that to use the layer -ic command you must have SR4 for 6.1.

Thank you,
Laurie

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000