The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Avoiding missing values in 3D plot
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

sagar

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  3:39:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I have random XYZ data for which I need to generate 3D surface plot. (XY values correspond to a position of wafer and Z value is current). Now, some XY values are
missing. When I convert this data to random
I have to use either correlation or weighted
average. But what I am interestd is generating a surface plot where I can see "holes" for missing data points.
Further, since my wafer is circular in nature, certain points (e.g. X,Y = 0,0) are non-existent. So I should be able to see a "circular surface". However, Origin converts it to matrix and it is, by definition, rectangular.
So my questions here are:
1. Is there any way to show "voids" for missing values?
and
2. How do I get rid of non-existent values
from the matrix data? (e.g. edges on a wafer
as mentioned above).

Thanks a lot for your help.

Regards,

Sagar

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 11/19/2001 :  5:34:04 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Sagar,

If the matrix has missing values (cell contains the text '-'), then these cells should show up as holes in a 3D Colormap Surface Plot. You can enter missing values in matrix cells by typing 0/0 in the cell. As for cells "outside" of your "circular wafer", if these have missing values, the surface should appear "circular".

When you convert your XYZ data using random conversion, the conversion process fills in cell values for cells where x,y pairs are missing in your data. This is why the surface appears rectangular and you do not see any holes either.

In Origin 7.0 (http://www.originlab.com/www/products/origin7/index.asp), we are adding a few new worksheet-to-matrix conversion algorithms. A couple of new random conversion algorithms based on the NAG library are being introduced. Also, a sparse conversion algorithm is being added that takes your x,y,z data as is and fills them into matrix cells, filling missing values for cells that did not have data. This may work well for you.

Can you please send us a sample data file (or Origin OPJ) for us to look at? You can send it to tech@originlab.com and mention "Attn: Easwar" in the subject line.

Thanks,

Easwar
OriginLab.

Edited by - easwar on 11/19/2001 17:34:40
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000