The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data Aquisition from a WPI nitric oxide electrode
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

GalwayGabe

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2001 :  08:35:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I seem to remember seeing a Origin project tutorial from an earlier version that mimic-ed data aquistion from an instrument directly into Origin. I also have used an ultra-centrifuge that was controlled directly from Origin. I have an instument (Nitric oxide electrode from WPI) that I would like to port directly into Origin, skipping the intermediate data aquisition software so there is no cut and paste. (I already have the A/D converter and can collect data thorough another program) Is this possible? Given the above evidence it is most likely possible, but I would also like to know how involved this would be. You can guess from my questions that I have only a little programming experience.

Thank you

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 12/04/2001 :  12:50:43 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
While it's possible to do this - as demonstrated by the ultra-centrifuge manufacturer(?) - it does require considerable programming experience. The Origin Professional package comes with a Library file for accessing Origin functions from another application and some sample projects written in C and Visual Basic that demonstrate creating DLLs (in C) that access Origin datasets and functions that can be used with Origin's Non-Linear Fitter. There are also applications (in C and Visual Basic) that demonstrate using Origin as a DDE Server, in which data is sent to Origin and plotted in real time (at typically slow DDE rates).
So, yes, it's possible, and yes, it's involved.
P.S. Maybe the tutorial you saw was UIM.OPJ in the Origin Samples folder that demonstrates using UIM Tools to mimic a strip chart recorder? This doesn't really do any inter-process communications and only demonstrates how a manufacturer might create an interface within Origin that they can use with their custom software.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000