The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 can not save appended project?!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jian_w@hot1

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2001 :  10:25:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I usually need append several existed projects to one project, so that I can combine several curves together. I used to use this function for many years from Origin 3.0 to Origin 4.1, but when I upgraded it to version 6.0, I found the appended project can not be saved. Once I saved it and open again, it would lost everything except a single curve and a worksheet. I have already applied the patch 4 for version 6. Does anybody meet the same problem?

Mike

USA
357 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2001 :  2:04:30 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Jian:

I think I know what is happening here. With Origin 6.0, we introduced Project Explorer. Project Explorer uses a hierarchical folder structure similar to Windows Explorer, to help you organize your worksheets, graphs, analysis results, etc. You can toggle the Project Explorer workspace on and off by holding down ALT + 1.

When you append a project with Origin 6.0 or later, you are given the option of appending the data into the current project folder or appending to a new folder. My guess is that you have been appending your data to new folders and you do not see this data because you do are not using Project Explorer.

I would suggest that you open one of your appended files, hold down the ALT + 1 keys to turn Project Explorer on, and then look to see whether there aren't multiple file folders in your appended project file. These folders should contain your "missing" data.

If you aren't using Project Explorer, you will want to investigate this. Please consult your documentation.

Let me know if this doesn't solve the problem.

Thanks,
Mike
Go to Top of Page

jian_w@hot1

Hong Kong
2 Posts

Posted - 12/28/2001 :  3:15:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi, Mike, I got it, many thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000