The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Lorenztian fitting function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

wnsibanda

South Africa
2 Posts

Posted - 10/01/2012 :  09:02:35 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

hi everybody.I have try a lot to generate a user define function for this but not gating success. If anyone knows about how to create this user-defined function in originpro 8, please help me out in this.

P = rx *(lw^2-0.5*(w3+w2)-w)^2 + 0.25*(w3-w2)^2 + lw;

Q = rx * (0.5*(w3+w2)-w-0.5*(p3-p2)*(w3-w2));

R = (0.5 *(w3+w2)-w)*(1+2*rx*lw) + 0.5*(p3-p2)*(w3-w2);

I = (1+rx*lw)*P+Q*R/(P^2+Q^2);

rx, lw, p3, p2,w3,w2 are the parameters. I(w)is the Lorenztian function.

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 10/02/2012 :  4:54:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

What sort of error did you run into?

If you are using "Origin C" to define your function, you need to add the line:
double P, Q, R;
before you define P, Q, and R, as these are temporary variables you are using, that need to be declared first.

You can try the new Fitting Function Builder tool in version 8.6, which is easier to use for defining functions. For your function, you can use Equations instead of Origin C.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

wnsibanda

South Africa
2 Posts

Posted - 10/05/2012 :  04:25:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi. Thanks for your reply. I tried using Equations on the Fitting Function Organiser on OriginPro 8 SR0, but it doesnt seem to work out. I have used a simple Lorenztian equation, it works out. Is there maybe a 'trick' i can use when i have more than one dependent variable?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000