The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 isosurfaces with origin?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

davidcea

France
2 Posts

Posted - 01/16/2002 :  08:51:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
hye,
can someone tell me how is it possible to draw an isocontour surface in 3-D of a function f(x,y,z) in origin (6.1) ?

davidcea

France
2 Posts

Posted - 01/17/2002 :  03:31:41 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
thank you for your answer,
I already know a little about this example but this is 3-d representation of a function z(x,y). What I am looking for is how to draw isocontour surfaces in a function f(x,y,z) (a sampling of f values for each x, y and z).
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 01/23/2002 :  10:37:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Don't know whether it works for you or not, you may want to try to create 3D Scatter Plot from a {x,y,z} worksheet with adequately small symbols (such as point 3 & hollow circle) and no dropdown lines. If you have dence enough data points, it looks like (as once I tried to create a sphare) a f(x,y,z)=const surface. Also, you can map the color/grayscale indecies to the points to make it look nicely.

Go to Top of Page

pvmatlab

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  12:25:06 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
I am new to Orgin ive read the manuals and still seem to be stuck. I am behind on a current project so some help will greatly be appreciated. I am ploting 3d XYZ surface graphs. My numbers are in a wide range from positive to negative on the z axis. I am trying to convert my data to a matrix. I have tried several ways but recieve any error each time. When trying a regular xyz martix i get Error! Variable stepsize in X/Y dataset is not allowed for Regular XYZ martix conversion. When i tried random xyz i get Error of inversing matrix. I don't uderstand why i am getting these errors. I tried with a data set with no negative numbers. Please help me!
Go to Top of Page

pvmatlab

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  12:25:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
I am new to Orgin ive read the manuals and still seem to be stuck. I am behind on a current project so some help will greatly be appreciated. I am ploting 3d XYZ surface graphs. My numbers are in a wide range from positive to negative on the z axis. I am trying to convert my data to a matrix. I have tried several ways but recieve any error each time. When trying a regular xyz martix i get Error! Variable stepsize in X/Y dataset is not allowed for Regular XYZ martix conversion. When i tried random xyz i get Error of inversing matrix. I don't uderstand why i am getting these errors. I tried with a data set with no negative numbers. Please help me!
Go to Top of Page

pvmatlab

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  12:26:02 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,
Go to Top of Page

pvmatlab

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 02/12/2002 :  1:28:49 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
sorry bout the multiple posts, cpu was going haywire
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 02/13/2002 :  4:42:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hello,

Please send your data to tech support (tech@originlab.com) with "ATTN: Easwar" added to the subject line.

We have added new random conversion methods in the upcoming version (Origin 7.0) that are based on the NAG numeric library. Also the regular conversion algorithm has been improved.

To see what is new in 7.0, please visit:
http://www.originlab.com/www/products/origin7/index.asp
Thanks,

Easwar
OriginLab.

Edited by - easwar on 02/13/2002 16:44:48
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000