The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 Fitting with implicit function
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ase724

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 10/13/2012 :  02:42:37 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin8.6.0
Operating System: Windows7

Hi,

I am using origin C to write a user-defined function to fit my data.

I have a function f(t,x) with an explicit variable x and an implicit variable t, so I do not have an explicit expression of f as a function of t. I was able to simulate the function and get a 2-dimension matrix f[t][x]. I want to make it into a fitting function to fit my data in a WorkBook with two columns {t, F(t, x=x_c)}. Since my data is taken at x=x_c, I just need a certain column from my simulation, f[t][x=x_c], to do the fitting. However, this is still a matrix, not an expression of a function, so I can not simply set y = f[t][x_c] as a fitting function. Is there a way I can use the simulated results to do the fitting? Thanks!

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 10/15/2012 :  04:26:13 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You mean that what you have is only the simulated data, but none of the function expression? Could you please send us your project and provide more details? You can click the Send File to Tech support link in the upper-right corner to send us the file by following the instruction.

By the way, Origin 9.0, which will be released soon, provides the support for implicit function fitting. You can have a try then.

Penn
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000