The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 OPK downloads
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  12:14:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I'm looking for some HTML advice. I have an Origin addon that I'm offering for download from my personal web page. When I link directly to the OPK file and click on the link in Internet Explorer I'm asked if I want to save it to disk. I answer yes and everything turns out alright. If I click on the link in Netscape I end up with gibberish in the browser window. If I right-click on the link and select "Save Link As" the file downloads, but when I try to install it I get an error message that suggests the file was corrupted.

I've opted for the easy solution of zipping the OPK file and linking to the zip file. That works fine, but I'm curious if anyone knows how I could make Netscape handle the OPK file correctly. An HTML tag or CGI script... something that's seamless for the person who tries to download it. I've downloaded OPK's from OriginLab's Addon Modules page with Netscape, so there must be a way.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Jose

Netherlands
93 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  06:00:05 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It seems that the cause may be in your web server configuration, not in your HTML. Take a look at this link.

- Jose Via
Origin WebRing member
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 03/18/2002 :  07:47:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks, Jose. That's what I suspected, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't overlooking anything.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000