The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Integration of area under a curve
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

clarkexxx

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  12:55:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginLab OriginPro 8.6 SR3
Operating System: win 7/ 64

Hi, I would like to integrate the entire area under the curve limited by the dashed lines. The dashed lines do not represent experimental data and are not a part of the graph. The "integration" function only allows me to connect the left and right endpoint of the curve with a straight line while the "Peak analyser" allows me define a constant baseline. Any ideas? Thanks

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  2:34:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Starting from your graph, select Gadgets : Integrate from the menu.
In the dialog that opens, click the Baseline tab and set the Mode to "Constant Y" and Constant to "Custom".
Enter the correct Y value ... a little less than 1.05 ... and click OK.

If you click anywhere within the Region of Interest (ROI - the yellow rectangle) you will get selection handles on the left and right sides which you can use to define the X limits of integration, or you can use the button at the upper right to make various other changes.

You can do the same thing in the Peak Analyzer : Integrate Peaks goal.
Go to Top of Page

clarkexxx

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 11/08/2012 :  3:26:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thanks a lot. I love Origin.
Go to Top of Page

lmw

6 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2012 :  06:30:44 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OriginPro 8.1 SR1,
win 7

Hi there,
I have a similar question - my graph crosses the x-axis few time. How could I calculate whole red area and whole blue area?

Thanks for help!
Go to Top of Page

lmw

6 Posts

Posted - 11/26/2012 :  10:50:57 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
OK, I just solved the problem by just choosing once Mathematical Area and once Absolute Area and then making just simple calculation with thos two to get one or the other area :) I think it should be correct.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000