The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Scale and circle
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

FORTEN

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  09:23:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Im a new user of Origin and have some smaller problems.
How do I change the scale? If I want 5 cm to equal 5 units on the X-axis and 5 cm to equal 10 units on the y-axis?

Can I ad a circle with a certain centre and radius?

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 03/25/2002 :  12:06:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
How do I change the scale? If I want 5 cm to equal 5 units on the X-axis and 5 cm to equal 10 units on the y-axis?
Assuming that your X and Y values are in cm, go to Format | Axes | Y Axis | Tick Labels and set the Divide by Factor to 0.5. Or use this labtalk command...

layer.y.divideby=0.5;
quote:
Can I ad a circle with a certain centre and radius?
Create a circle anywhere on the plot using the Toolbox. Then use the following script...

circle.x=x coord. of center position;
circle.y=y coord. of center position;
circle.dx=radius;
circle.dy=radius;

If your X and Y axis scales are different you might need to fiddle with the dx and dy values in order to keep it circular. I hope that helps.

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member
Go to Top of Page

Laurie

USA
404 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2002 :  10:31:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:

The actual length of the axes is determined by the Layer Area settings on the Size/Speed tab of the Layer Properties dialog. Select Format:Layer (you can also right-click on the layer icon in the upper left-hand corner of the graph and choose Layer Properties from the shortcut menus) and then make the Size/Speed tab active. You can set the units to cm and then modify the width and height values.

OriginLab Technical Support
Go to Top of Page

FORTEN

Denmark
4 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  02:58:49 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
How do I find the toolbox to put in the script for the circle ?
Go to Top of Page

Mike Buess

USA
3037 Posts

Posted - 04/08/2002 :  08:54:55 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Draw circle: Go to View | Toolbars and make sure that Tools is checked. Click the circle button, click anywhere on the plot, move the mouse cursor a bit and release.

Script commands: enter them in the script window. I made a mistake in my earlier post: the actual commands for the circle size are...

circle.dx=diameter;
circle.dy=diameter;

Mike Buess
Origin WebRing Member

Edited by - Mike Buess on 04/08/2002 12:27:15
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000