The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Origin 9- 3d plots
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Newuser100

3 Posts

Posted - 11/09/2012 :  4:18:48 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi!

Using ORIGIN 9.0.0.

When I plot a 3d plot, I cannot add any arrow/shapes etc in the figure which was possible before in the previous version I had.
Is there a way to do that now?

I also would like to ask about the upper bar which I may add to a letter by \ab(). Sometimes the upper bar touches the letter leaving no vertical space between them. This stays also after exporting to figure which makes the overline useless in those cases. Can I fix the vertical distance between the bar and the text? This problem does not occur always, sometimes the space is just fine.

thank you!

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 11/11/2012 :  10:07:39 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

1. In Origin 9.0, 3D plot is created using OpenGL by default, and arrow/shapes etc. are not supported yet.

2. It is a bug about the vertical space between upper bar and text. And we will try to fix it as soon as possible.

By the way, are you trying to add point label to 3D plot? If so, you can refer to "3D surface with point label" graph in the sample opj. To see this graph, you can open the OpenGL sample opj by menu File: Open Sample Projects: 3D OpenGL Graphs. And then in the 3D Surface sheet, double-click the graph in the first cell of the second column. Here is the graph.

Penn

Edited by - Penn on 11/12/2012 05:17:41 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sven.Friedemann

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  10:49:28 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I wonder whether this has been solved. I have accidentally droped an arrow into a 3D plot and cannot edit, nor remove. Looks like I will have to rebuild the graph (which is 1+ hour of work).

Attached is an example.
Sven

Thanks

Sven
Go to Top of Page

arstern

USA
237 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2017 :  1:06:19 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In Origin 2017 you can edit and delete an arrow that has been inserted into your graph. You can download and install our 21 day Evaluation License to test whether you are still having difficulties with editing the arrow in your graph.

Thanks,
Aviel
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Sven.Friedemann

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  07:55:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Penn,

thanks for the swift answer. Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to select the arrow for editing or deleting. Is there any special trick involved. If I click on it nothing happens.

Thanks,
Sven

Sven
Go to Top of Page

Hideo Fujii

USA
1582 Posts

Posted - 06/28/2017 :  10:22:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Sven,

You can delete an graphic object/text label (e.g., Arrow), you can delete it by issuing label -r arrow;
command from the script window. To know the object name, run list o; command.

To add/remove/edit any object as a work-around in older Origin versions, you can make a Layout
window which contains the 3D graph.

Hope this helps.

--Hideo Fujii
OriginLab

Edited by - Hideo Fujii on 06/28/2017 10:23:50 AM
Go to Top of Page

Sven.Friedemann

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 06/29/2017 :  1:54:54 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Hideo,

thanks for this. I did manage to delete via the script command.

Sven
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000