The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Import and data manipulation
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

joquimfe

Colombia
Posted - 11/13/2012 :  11:06:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System:

hello,
I need to process a lot of data tables. and I wish to perform an adequate Import Wizard.
My trouble is the next:
The original data to import are five columns with a nine thousand or more rows. Within these big table, there are a serie of data that increment till a determined value to decrease newly to first value and form a loop, so that in the big table I have a many loops. Between the half loop there are a row empty.

Now, I want to take out each loop from the original table.

could you help me with a recipe to made this job more efficient?

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  12:26:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The Import Wizard in 8.6 or 9.0 should be able to handle this by using the "Start New Column" option on the Data Selection page. Each empty row will then trigger a new set of five columns.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000