The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 linear fit with x and y error through (0,0)
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

frthomas

Germany
1 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  11:10:21 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi,

I've x values with an error x(err) and y values with an error y(err).
I'd like to fit these data with a weighted linear fit through the origin of coordinates (y=ax) taking both errors into account.
I'm using OriginPro 8.5 and couldn't figure out how to fit my data.

I'll appreciate any advice you can offer in this regard

Kathy_Wang

China
159 Posts

Posted - 11/14/2012 :  11:34:14 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

The Linear Fit with X error tool can help to fit with both X and Y errors, but it doesn't support to fix intercept as 0.

Kathy
Originlab

Edited by - Kathy_Wang on 11/14/2012 11:36:38 PM
Go to Top of Page

Sam Fang

292 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  02:33:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
It can be done in Origin's new version 9.0. You can define it in an implicit function:
f=a*x-y

In Nonlinear Implicit Curve Fit dialog, you can choose both X Error and Y Error.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services

Edited by - Sam Fang on 11/15/2012 02:39:02 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000