The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 Forum for Origin C
 info: Origin C vs C++
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

rebolax

4 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  3:50:24 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I, Hello, I am interested in this programming language; visiting the site I read this:

quote:
Origin C is an ANSI C compatible programming language native to Origin, which also utilizes elements of C++ and C#. Origin C provides programmatic access to Origin's many features.

What are the elements of c++ that I can use?

for example, (I have see the "Basic Features" where we use "printf"), the program "Hello World" I can write in c++?
#include <iostream>
using namespace std;
main()
{
cout<<"Hello world";
}

Or I cannot use "<iostream> / cout"?

thank you very much!

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 11/15/2012 :  8:29:23 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Origin C has no such support. You can refer to Language Fundamentals for more details.

Penn
Go to Top of Page

rebolax

4 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  02:51:33 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,
thanks for your answer!
So we can say that the "elements of c++" are only
quote:
Origin C supports C++ exception handling using the try, catch, and throw statements.

?
Go to Top of Page

Penn

China
644 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  03:27:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

In a simple way, you can say it like this, and all the elements mentioned in Language Fundamental page are available in Origin C.

Penn
Go to Top of Page

rebolax

4 Posts

Posted - 11/16/2012 :  03:37:07 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Ok!
I wanted to be sure about this before choosing Origin C.
At last the language is C and not C++
thanks, you were very kind and and quick to answer me.
have a nice day!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000