The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Fitting one user's data with another.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Bazzzil

Russia
1 Posts

Posted - 12/01/2012 :  09:15:08 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Greetings!
My situation is the following: let's say we have 2 Y-colums (y1 and y2) and their common X-column (x). I need to fit y2 (with a polynom of degree 2) to y2, i.e. provide such parameters A, b, c, d, that corresponds best for the following equation: y1(x) = A*y2(x)+b+c*x+d*x^2. I found out, that it is quite possible in OriginPro9 with Nonlinear Implicit Curve Fit by creating implicit function f = y1 - (A*y2+b+c*x+d*x^2). So, I have 2 questions:
1) Is there an easier way to perform such analysis?
2) If not, It would be very usefull to perform preview with both y(x) = y1(x) and y(x) = (A*y2+b+c*x+d*x^2), and have y(x) = (A*y2+b+c*x+d*x^2) as a separate colum in the worksheet after fitting. What are the possible ways to perform this?

Tank you for reading.
Waiting for your reply

Sam Fang

292 Posts

Posted - 12/03/2012 :  12:46:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Of course you can use implicit fitting in Origin9.0.

In fact you can also use explicit fitting in Origin. You can define it as:

Independent variable: x, y2;
Dependent variable: y1;
Parameter: A, b, c, d;

Function y1=A*y2+b+c*x+d*x^2

Note that Origin's Nonlinear Curve Fit supports multiple independent variables.

Sam
OriginLab Technical Services
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000