The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 horizontal Line in graph that doesn't belong there
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Torrac

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  06:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): Origin Pro 9G 32bit
Operating System: Windows 7 Professional

Hi guys

I have a problem with a graph I plotted. I got a Dataset with several X and Y values. After I plotted the graph there was a horizontal line with constat Y value in there. It is definately not part of my Dataset...I checked it if there was a constant Y value over all X values. Fact is, I am a nooby with origin. Maybe I just missclicked somewhere but I have absolutely no idea what to do. All other graphs I plotted dont have these lines 8(

Torrac

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  06:48:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
okay I couldnt edit my post so I just post the picture here again...

Go to Top of Page

Torrac

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  07:37:09 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
well I dont know why you cant see the pictures 8(
Go to Top of Page

snowli

USA
1380 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  2:14:40 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Could you save your opj file and email to tech@originlab.com?

BTW, click on the horizontal line to see if it's selectable. If so, double click to see what dialog it opens.

If it opens a Plot Details dialog, it's likely there is other data in the graph. You can check the left panel of the Plot Details dialog to see there are more than 1 entry.

If it opens an Object Properties dialog, maybe you added a line object in graph and saved template with it.

If it opens Axis dialog, maybe you added an Additional line in the graph? You can go to Grid Lines tab in Axis dialog. Choose Vertical on left panel and see if there is checkbox checked in Additional Lines group.

Thanks, Snow Li
OriginLab Corp.
Go to Top of Page

Torrac

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  6:07:07 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I will send you the file in the next minutes. The line is not selectable...I already tried that
Go to Top of Page

Kathy_Wang

China
159 Posts

Posted - 12/05/2012 :  8:37:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

I examined your opj and the horizontal line was actually part of your data, as the X values were not in ascending order, you could sort the worksheet to rearrange the data, and make sure the X values are in ascending order, this will solve your problem.

I also replied your email with a modified opj file.

Kathy
Originlab
Go to Top of Page

Torrac

Germany
5 Posts

Posted - 12/06/2012 :  02:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Wow Thank you very much for the fast support. I just didn't see my problem but now as you pointed it out I got it ;)
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000