The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 size of the window script
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

vertez

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/12/2012 :  09:48:26 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin 9 64 bit, Windows 7 Ultimate

Hi,
I have a problem with the size of the script. I've just created very big script in labtalk. It is work only in pieces. I didn't know that the script window was limited. The script stop working when it went to final line.I figured out that If I couldn't make it works as it should be I divided it for small parts and used something like that: run c:\folder\second part.ogs. I thought it would help to resolve my problem but unfortunately it didn't work. The problem isn't a path. I don't know what's going on. Script crashed anyway. The Script works only separately. How to make it work?

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  3:40:36 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There are limits to the size of script between { and } or selected for running in a Script Window. See
http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?ID=163&language=English&Version=All

As your script gets large, you should move them to external OGS files saved in your User Files Folder. These are text files broken into sections with
[SectionName]
much like INI files. You can call a section of an OGS with
run.section(FileName, SectionName);
If the section exists in the same file, you can omit FileName:
run.section(,SectionName);
An external OGS has the added advantage of being loadable in Code Builder along with ability to add break points and debug.
Go to Top of Page

vertez

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 12/17/2012 :  5:39:16 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Finally, everything works perfectly. Thanks Greg
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000