The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 beep or sound with LabTalk
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

ivanovskikh

New Zealand
14 Posts

Posted - 02/03/2013 :  8:09:53 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.5 and Service Release Sr.2 b98(Select Help-->About Origin):
Operating System: Win 7

Hi guys,

I am wondering whether it's possible to produce a short beep or some sound signal to indicate user about execution of some step in program.

I checked LabTalk and didn't find anything about sounds.

Thanks!

Thanks!

Konstantin

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  3:49:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
This command
type -b; // type -b with no option
plays your Windows Default Beep sound.
Go to Top of Page

ivanovskikh

New Zealand
14 Posts

Posted - 02/05/2013 :  6:14:05 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greg

This command
type -b; // type -b with no option
plays your Windows Default Beep sound.

Yes, I tried this and it didn't work... I don't understand why. Are there any settings to allow calling Windows beep?

Thanks!

Konstantin
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  3:15:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
In your Control Panel the Sound applet should have a Sounds tab where you can set and test the "Windows Default Beep". If the Test button does not produce a sound then the volume may be too low or you have some other Windows problem.
Go to Top of Page

ivanovskikh

New Zealand
14 Posts

Posted - 02/07/2013 :  4:51:10 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
quote:
Originally posted by greg

In your Control Panel the Sound applet should have a Sounds tab where you can set and test the "Windows Default Beep". If the Test button does not produce a sound then the volume may be too low or you have some other Windows problem.

Ok, thanks greg!

I am not sure what was wrong but Win Beep was allowed in control panel settings. After trying how it works in control panel it started working in Origin.

thanks again!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000