The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 Gaussian fit of XYYYY sheets
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 02/25/2013 :  05:03:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 9
Operating System: Windows 7

Hello,

I have an XYYYY workbook with multiple peak data. First, I would need to plot all XY data on different graphs (line plot). I would like to set Y column comments as long names in my graphs.

Then, I would need to perform a gaussian fit for the same ranges in every graph, i.e. rows 100 to 200 and 250 to 600. Since I know the range, I could specify the peak maximum if needed.

Thank you kindly in advance.

Edited by - Clairekun on 02/25/2013 05:05:18 AM

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 02/28/2013 :  2:54:55 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Starting from your workbook ...

string strBook$ = page.name$;
string strSheet$ = layer.name$;
ncols = wks.ncols;
loop(ii,2,ncols)
{
range rad = [%(strBook$)]"%(strSheet$)"!$(ii);
plotxy iy:=rad plot:=line;
range rap = !(1[100:200],1[250:600]);
nlbegin iy:=rap func:=gauss;
nlfit;
nlend out:=1 auto:=1;
}
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 03/04/2013 :  04:46:04 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you, this works almost perfectly: Origin creates only one graph, plotting everything in different layers (and, therefore, graphs aren't renamed, but this isn't the main issue).

I would need different graphs, since these stacked layers make it impossible to study them separately.
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 03/12/2013 :  6:41:32 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have been browsing the wiki and find no way of doing this; however, if there was a way to move layers to new graphs -including fitting results-, what I need could be achieved.

Could this be done?

Thanks again.
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2013 :  10:07:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You can just create a new graph page for each column by changing this line:

plotxy iy:=rad plot:=line ogl:=[<new>];

The [<new>] notation means a new graph page is created each time.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  05:32:17 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you!! This was all I needed.

By the way, if I needed to export certain fitting results to a new worksheet, how could this be achieved? For example:

I would need to extract FWHM and its standard error to a new worksheet. This new worksheet would need to have a column with FWHM and standard error for all my fitting results.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by - Clairekun on 03/19/2013 07:32:27 AM
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/19/2013 :  10:09:14 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Clairekun,

To access fit values using script, you can read the report sheet tables into a tree using the getnlr X-function. You ca then read info you are interested in, from the tree, and then save that info to a new sheet.

See this quick help item:
http://qhwiki.originlab.com/~originla/howto/index.php?title=QuickHelp:How_do_I_access_analysis_result_table_values_from_script

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  06:05:53 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you!

I realized I need to do multiple peak fitting for some of my XYYY worksheets. I have browsed the wiki and I know a replica is needed for this (replica = no. of peaks - 1), but I can't find how to specify peak centers.

What would I need to add to the code?
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/21/2013 :  7:49:47 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You need to look at x-functions nlbegin, nlfit, nlend etc, and see how to use the tree to get and set parameters.

Here is an example:

// Use sample file
string fname$=system.path.program$+"Samples\Curve Fitting\Multiple Peaks.dat";
newbook;
impasc;
// plot col D
plotxy iy:=col(d);
//Fit with gauss function, three peaks
int npeaks=3;
nlbegin func:=gauss nltree:=myt replica:=npeaks-1 pnotation:=abbr;
// peak parameters should be automatically initialized
// so go ahead and fit
nlfit;
// print out the peak centers
for(int ipk=1; ipk<=npeaks; ipk++)
{
	type peak#: $(ipk), peak center: $(myt.p$(2+(ipk-1)*3));
}
// can change some parameter if desired
// such as fix center of 2nd peak to be at 5.1
myt.p5 = 5.1;
myt.f5 = 1;
// fit again
nlfit;
// end fit and create report
nlend out:=1 autoupdate:=AU_AUTO;

Hope this helps.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  06:11:43 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
First of all, thank you. I learned a lot with this.

I modified the script to my needs and it works, although I am finding some problems with finding the peaks correctly (they are not as clearly separated as the ones in the sample).

Whenever I specify peak centers, I get the following error message:
quote:
Fit did not converge - mutual dependency exists between parameters.
You may have overparameterized the fitting function. Fixing one of them may eliminate this problem.

I tried using Analysis>Peaks and Baseline>Multiple Peak Fit menu for one of my graphs. Here, I could select all peak centers and it showed no problem at all, so I can't understand why it does if I do it manually.

I realized that the message doesn't pop up if I change the parameters to a different but similar number.

What could be the cause?

Edited by - Clairekun on 04/02/2013 06:33:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

easwar

USA
1964 Posts

Posted - 03/22/2013 :  3:57:25 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

Hard to tell without seeing your data....please send your data/opj along with the script you used, to tech. You can use the "Send File to Tech support" link at the top right of this page. Then in your e-mail, please refer to this thread.

Easwar
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2013 :  03:42:32 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
While I was preparing a project with several graphs explaining what was wrong, in order to send it to tech support, I noticed that fitting them with the tool may also encounter the same errors about not converging and finding peaks wrongly.

I have reached a conclusion: peaks are apparently correct (I hadn't fully understood the concept), and certain peak centers have X values which aren't suitable for that function. I will have to find proper values first before fitting the whole worksheet.

Now that I have my fitted plots, is there any way to rename results tables to graph names, so that I know where they come from? I have been browsing the forum and the wiki, but all I can find is how to rename graphs to worksheets and not the other way around.

I renamed my graphs to column comments with the following code:
doc -ef P{
page.label$=%(1Y,@LC); 
string str$ = page.label$;
}
This doesn't work for result tables because (I assume) they are not referred to my worksheet but to graphs, and I can't find an @option to specify graph name. I guess I could address the code to a specific worksheet, but I cannot find how. I know that, if I were to use a code like the one above but for all worksheets in folder, I would have to move my data worksheet elsewere.

Edited by - Clairekun on 04/04/2013 04:09:32 AM
Go to Top of Page

cdrozdowski111

USA
247 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2013 :  06:44:15 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
If you are referring to the name of the actual graph, then there are two properties of the page object:

page.name$ - which is a unique short name generally automatically assigned (e.g. Graph1). You can change the automatically assigned short name via page.name$=whatever. But it has to meet the rules set up for short names.

page.longname$ which is the name you can give a graph or workbook that is more descriptive than the short name. It doesn't have to be unique.

page.label$ is apparently deprecated.
Go to Top of Page

Clairekun

Germany
175 Posts

Posted - 04/04/2013 :  07:05:52 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I have read about those properties, but I don't know how to proceed so that, in the end, I have the same name for a graph and its result table after fitting. For example:

Before editing:

Graph name - W406nm
Results table name - Table1

After editing:

Graph name - W406nm
Results table name - W406nm

And for all tables in the folder, so the code would be:
doc -ef W{

//Here lies the problem

}

Edited by - Clairekun on 04/04/2013 07:13:22 AM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000