The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Worksheet data reference in label in Origin 7
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

edgar.kaiser

Switzerland
29 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  09:28:01 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
I upgraded from Origin 6.1pro to 7.0pro. It seems like referencing worksheet data in the way %(data1,1,1) is no longer working when the worksheet name is given in a string variable.
If I assign %N=data1 and put the reference %(%N,1,1) into the label I get an output like ####(data1,1,1). Substitution notation (link to variables is on of course).
What's wrong?

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04/24/2002 :  3:49:22 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
There does appear to be a problem with substitution notation in Labels linked to variables in 7.0 Release.
As a temporary solution - until the problem can be fixed - you can do the following:

• Right-click on the text object and select Label Control
  • In the large text box type the following

label -s -n text %(%N,1,1);

(Replace the word 'text' with the Object Name in the dialog.)
  • Set Script, Run After: to Redrawn
  • Click OK

This will dynamically create static text that correctly interprets %(%N,1,1). It's appearance will be the same as 6.X - indeed, this will work in 6.X as well. This text will seem to have the unusual - possibly desirable - behavior of being uneditable (other than deletion).

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000