The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum for Programming
 LabTalk Forum
 LabTalk script after import
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

dice

1 Posts

Posted - 03/28/2013 :  06:48:45 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): OriginPro 9.0.0G SR1
Operating System: Windows 7 Enterprise

Hello!

I wrote a script which processes some data after the import of some files. Importing the Data works fine. If I start the script on its own (I copied it into Custom.ogs and start it with the Custom Routine button[1]) everything works fine.

But starting the script directly after importing (in this example with
run.section(custom,main)
) I encounter a problem, it seems the script is started twice.

I already have a workaround: if the Origin Directory in which I import the files (per drag and drop) is not empty (so already has a workbook in it) everything works fine also.

This seems like a bug to me.

The import options are:
* Import Mode: Start New Sheets
* Run script after all files imported

Also I think I remember that this problem also occurred in older Origin Versions, I just could work around this (with Import Mode: Start New Books), but this time need Start New Sheets

[1] Just switched two English I'm using the German GUI, so I'm not sure if that is the right translation.

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 03/29/2013 :  10:06:47 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I could not find any evidence of a problem in 9.0 SR1.

I tested by creating an import filter set to Start New Sheets with a script set to "Run script after all files imported" where the script was:
run.section(custom,main);
and where the CUSTOM.OGS file contained
[Main]
loop(ii,1,page.nlayers)
{
page.active = ii;
wo -s 0 0 0 0;
colreverse;
}

After import, all data was in reverse order as expected. I tested by using the GUI and by this script:
dlgfile gr:=*.dat mu:=1;
impfile filtername:=test location:=2;
and both cases worked.

If you have a script which is failing, please post the import code and a few lines before and after.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000