The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Statistics for N samples in column
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Donyck1

Ukraine
4 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  08:16:58 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello everybody.

I have a task for Column J which consists of 2000 samples to record in another column the variance of each subsequent 100 values(it`s mean 20 values). In my case, I had to do it manually by changing in the top the range of the calculation. Like from 1 to 1, next 2 to 2 and so on.
Is it possible to set the number of values in the series and to do automatic calculation of variance values?
Thank you.

Edited by - Donyck1 on 04/11/2013 08:19:56 AM

matthew@originlab.com

73 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  11:47:48 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

One way of doing this would be to create a new column and use set column values to fill it with:
(int((i-1)/100)+1)
This should create a column which counts from 1 to 20, you can then right click on the column you want to analyze (column J) and select Statistics on Column.

In the dialog box you will want to be sure that column J is listed as the Data Range, and that the new column counting from 1 to 20 is your Grouping Range. Under Quantities to Compute, you will want to be sure Variance is checked, along with any other measures you with to compute.

If you click OK this will create 2 new worksheets containing the results. Let me know if this doesn't work for you.

Matthew
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

Donyck1

Ukraine
4 Posts

Posted - 04/11/2013 :  12:17:28 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I had the idea to break up 20 columns and take the statistics in the columns. Everything is much easier.
Thanks a lot, it works.

Edited by - Donyck1 on 04/11/2013 12:18:43 PM
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000