The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Symbol interior remains black
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

jayrandom

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  4:02:29 PM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. and Service Release (Select Help-->About Origin): 7.0475
Operating System: Win. 7 64

Scatter plots no longer change the entire symbol color, they now only change the border. The symbol interior remains black.

This issue has been reproduced on other machines at my workplace. Any suggestions on how to return Origin to its standard plotting functionality would be appreciated.

Thanks!

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 04/16/2013 :  5:05:42 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

You might need to set the symbol to be solid. Please double click on the plot to open the "plot details" dialog. Choose the shape from the first row, which gives you a solid symbol. And you can change the color on the right. It should change the entire color.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards,

Meili
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jayrandom

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  07:45:12 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That doesn't seem to help. I've also noticed that I color selection no longer works correctly, either. I'm going to try to reinstall.

Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  11:47:42 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That's wired. Try to reinstall on one machine. Let me know how it works.

Meili
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page

jayrandom

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  11:53:56 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tried to re-install with no success. I'm still getting the errors. This is recent behavior, too, as old graphs (from a few weeks ago) I have embedded in .ppt files seem to look correct.
Go to Top of Page

meili_yang

103 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  2:05:18 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
You mean you can change color when you load ppt file with Origin? And are you able to change color for lines or text?

Origin version is 7, right? Maybe it's the problem of system compatibility. Could you please show me the error message?

Meili
OriginLab

Edited by - meili_yang on 04/17/2013 2:13:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

jayrandom

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  2:12:50 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
I mean that origin graphs I embedded in powerpoint a month or so ago do not show this strange plotting behavior. If I open those graphs in origin the plotting instantly reverts to the new and undesired behavior.

I can change the color of everything in Origin except the interior of plot symbols. I can change the text color, the axis color, title colors, and text colors.

As this is a problem that suddenly appeared in Origin, I suspect that it's an incompatibility of some kind, perhaps some update that changed the display properties of the machine. I've tried uninstalling recent patches with no success. Does origin use any system resources for plotting that might have been modified by another program?

It's a strange error. Thanks for your help.

Matt
Go to Top of Page

greg

USA
1378 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  2:40:57 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
The information found here:

http://www.originlab.com/www/support/resultstech.aspx?ID=1080&language=English&Version=7.5

should resolve your problem.
Go to Top of Page

jayrandom

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04/17/2013 :  3:37:45 PM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
That did the trick. Thanks!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000