The Origin Forum
File Exchange
Try Origin for Free
The Origin Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ | Send File to Tech support
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password? | Admin Options

All Forums
 Origin Forum
 Origin Forum
 Data movement
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Slapgravel

United Kingdom
9 Posts

Posted - 04/18/2013 :  06:55:03 AM  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Origin Ver. 8.5.1 SR2 and Service Release b315
Operating System: Win XP (Used through parallels)

Hi Guys,

I'm very new to origin but am really enjoying what I've managed to do so far but alas I've hit a wall and, even though I'm sure it's basic, I have no idea how to sort it:

I have 64 XYZ sets of data on 2 files. One has 64 times XY on and the other 64 times Z. I've managed to create 2 workbooks with these files, one has 2 columns with the XY data - 64 times (i.e I have columns labelled XYXYXYXY and so on) and another work book with the Z data on - 64 times (i.e columns labelled ZZZZZZ and so on). Heres where it gets interesting:- The XY columns have 1582 rows and the Z columns have 40 (this was a temperature profile with readings taken every 30 secs). So basically every 40 readings of XY have a single reading of Z. I'm looking to put these into one workbook in the format XYZXYZXYZ and so on as to make a waterfall plot, of which I have already inserted a blank column, so I need each value of Z repeated in the column 40 times. I would also like the average temp for each column of Z to be in the header.

Does anyone have any idea where to start?

Thank you for your time,

Jason

matthew@originlab.com

73 Posts

Posted - 04/19/2013 :  09:14:31 AM  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

There are a couple ways you could do this. The fastest way would be to use a script; I realize you're new to Origin, so I'm assuming you aren't familiar with the LabTalk language. Feel free to email your file with the workbooks to tech@originlab.com and we can work with you to build the script to do this.

Matthew
OriginLab
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
The Origin Forum © 2020 Originlab Corporation Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000